PG Cert in EducationSeptember 6, 2023 2023-11-22 6:31
PG Cert in Education
Your convenient and affordable pathway to academic excellence
Aims & Objectives
- The primary objective is to support and enhance the practical requirements of faculty members in a diverse, inclusive, and student-centered learning and teaching environment.
- This program is designed to empower candidates in refining their classroom strategies, including e-learning, within the context of contemporary andragogical theory.
- It offers participants the chance to cultivate proficiency in curriculum design, revision, teaching and assessment methodologies, as well as in educational research techniques.
- Moreover, it enables experienced educators to showcase their competence across a spectrum of advanced pedagogical approaches.
Academic Qualification: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. However, non-graduate applicants with teaching experience can also apply.
English Proficiency: For non-native English speakers, a proof of English proficiency through an accepted language proficiency test (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL) may be required.
Ready to Apply?
Let us contact you
The purpose is to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding within inclusive and varied teaching and learning environments. Learners will apply their knowledge and understanding in effectively evaluating and reflecting on future practice.
1) Understand the historical, philosophical and cultural context of education
- Examine the history and purpose of education.
- Analyse the aim and values of education.
- Evaluate the culture, social and economic values of education.
- Analyse the concept of educational philosophy in relation to curriculum development.
2) Understand key concepts, values and beliefs related to education and educational practice
- Assess the benefits of applying sound education theory in professional practice.
- Analyse critical educational concepts and values across educational settings.
- Distinguish between education and educational practice.
3) Understand key theories of education and learning and how these are realised in practical pedagogy
- Evaluate higher education theory and the impact on learning and development.
- Justify the inclusion of education theory in educational settings.
- Analyse reasons for implementing change and effective teaching pedagogy.
- Assess andragogical theory and its impact on learning and development.
The purpose is to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding of learning theories and practical teaching pedagogy. Learners will develop a range of resources, based on learner needs, to support teaching and development across educational settings.
1) Understand how educational theory aligns with teaching delivery
- Assess the linkages between educational theory and teaching delivery.
- Analyse the benefits of inclusive learning in relation to effective curriculum design.
- Recommend ways in which educational theory can be embedded in classroom pedagogy.
- Evaluate how learner needs influence curriculum design, teaching and delivery styles.
2) Understand the relationship between teaching, learning and assessment
- Analyse the benefits of effective planning in teaching and learning.
- Evaluate the interdependencies between teaching, learning, achievement and attainment.
- Assess a range of factors that influence learner achievement.
3) Be able to demonstrate a practical application of effective teaching delivery.
- Evaluate own teaching style and delivery approach in order to formulate an effective teaching plan.
- Analyse own practice in order to enhance teaching and learning delivery.
- Adapt your own teaching approach based on a realisation of continuing professional development.
The purpose is to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding of the core issues, strategies and techniques in teaching in higher and professional education. Learners will explore the purpose, meaning and inter-relationships between teaching pedagogy and andragogy, relevant to their educational setting. Finally, learners will know how to vary their teaching styles in order to enable learning, advancement and understanding.
1) Understand the purpose of teaching pedagogy and teaching andragogy.
- Differentiate between teaching pedagogy and teaching andragogy.
- Analyse the importance of enhancing pedagogy and andragogy into teaching practice.
- Evaluate the development of a learning system that incorporates appropriate methodologies.
2) Understand current educational theories of teaching and learning
- Analyse the relationship between educational leadership and improvement in teaching and learning.
- Evaluate teaching strategies in order to promote leadership development in educational settings.
- Assess the purpose of adopting a reflexive and effective approach to current teaching practice.
3) Be able to demonstrate a practical application of contemporary teaching in higher and professional education.
- Evaluate own approach to teaching methodology, learning and assessment.
- Synthesise a range of educational theory into own contemporary teaching style and approach.
- Adapt own teaching in order to enhance effective planning, design and instruction.
- Apply an informed approach in reflecting own style and structure in teaching practice.
Who is it for?
Aspiring Teachers: The PG Cert in Education is designed for individuals who aspire to become qualified teachers, providing them with essential pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Experienced Educators: It is also suitable for experienced educators looking to enhance their teaching techniques and open up leadership opportunities in the education field.
Teachers Seeking International Opportunities: The program caters to teachers who wish to seek international employment opportunities by achieving a recognized qualifications, thus increasing their global career prospects.
What’s in it for you?
PG CERT in Education prepares you for working as a teacher and/or facilitator in higher or further education. It aims to benefit teachers with an interest in developing their own practice as well as supporting their colleagues to do the same. A route to practice in higher or professional education environments with a valid and recognised qualification in the field.
Where will PG Cert lead you?
By completing this qualification, you will earn 60 credits, which can be used as a stepping stone towards achieving a Master’s degree in Education.
It significantly reduces the number of credits required for a UK Master’s degree, as 60 credits out of the required 180 credits will already be achieved through the Level 7 Certificate in Education.
Who is it for?
The PG Cert in Education is designed for individuals who aspire to become qualified teachers, providing them with essential pedagogical knowledge and skills.
It is also suitable for experienced educators looking to enhance their teaching techniques and open up leadership opportunities in the education field.
Teachers Seeking International Opportunities
The program caters to teachers who wish to seek international employment opportunities by achieving a recognized qualifications, thus increasing their global career prospects.
Become a part of our
Global Online Learning Community
To elevate your teaching abilities and deepen your grasp of pedagogy, learning, and assessment.
Dive into the world of effective digital and online learning, honing your expertise through hands-on experience.
By empowering yourself to tackle the contemporary challenges in teaching and assessment within the ever-evolving landscape of education and development.
No worries! Our main priority is to ensure that you feel completely assured about registering for the course and commencing your studies. Therefore, please feel free to contact our team of educational experts at +44 (0)20 3743 1808, and they will make every effort to assist you.
The assessment for this qualification consists of externally set and externally marked assignments, which are set and marked by LRN, and an externally set portfolio on which requirements are set by LRN, reviewed by centre staff, and which is externally moderated by LRN. LRN will provide advice and guidance as to how centres may wish to approach the internal review process.
The LRN Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education will be graded as fail or pass.
What’s in it for you?
PG CERT in Education prepares you for working as a teacher and/or facilitator in higher or further education.
It aims to benefit teachers with an interest in developing their own practice as well as supporting their colleagues to do the same.
A route to practice in higher or professional education environments with a valid and recognised qualification in the field.
This is the heading
PG Cert Qualified Teacher“The Postgraduate Certificate in education has had a huge impact on me as a teacher. It has provided me with the contemporary skillset for teaching in a modern classroom and they put me to develop my competencies in delivering both engaging and fully interrupted sessions, both face-to-face as well as within a remote learning environment. It has enabled me to develop my teaching practice to ensure my sessions were informative to engage learners and promote active contribution from my students.”
Sumbal Manzoor CMgr MCMI
Head of Studies iQualify UK
Dr Paul Dudley
Academic Dean iQualify UK
Dr. Abdul Rahman Shahid
Senior Lecturer at iQualify UK