Course testFebruary 23, 2023 2023-02-24 14:48
Level 3 certificate in Business start-up
Need some help?
15 th March 2023
How do you set up a successful new business? Study for the Level 3 Certificate in Business Start-up. You will learn how to research and plan a business proposition, how to analyse competitors, how to pitch, how to plan, how to manage a business day to day and how to recognize when things are going wrong. It will give you confidence and will show people that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to set up and run your own business. The qualification is awarded by the UK’s Association of Business Executives (ABE) and is on the UK Government’s Register of Regulated Qualifications.
Who is it for?
The qualification is intended for anyone who wants to set up their own business.
There are no entry requirements, although you should have a reasonable level of English and Mathematics.
What will you learn?
Aims of this course
- Analyse entrepreneurial and market potential
- Assess your own capability against the needs of the proposed business venture
- Scoping and refining a business idea – what it might look like, feel like, act like and be like and researching the market to make sure the business idea is of interest to your customers
- Build the unique selling proposition, knowing who the customer and market is and how, creating the scope of the product and/or service, pricing it, promoting it, selling it, servicing it and building brand recognition.
- Able to identify the need for the right legal set-up for the new business venture, while identifying the right people, operational processes and resources for the new business start-up Plan the budget
- Develop a funding and operational budget for the new business start-up, including a daily cash flow along with setting key business performance indicators to monitor performance
- Developing a business plan that incorporates all of the above
- The ability to pitch and present effectively for business funding from a range of sources.
About the Instructors
Dr. Anthony Stevenson
Recognised by Higher Education Commission Pakistan, Foreign/Local Universities and Accreditation bodies.
Affordable and Flexible
Results in Employability Prospects Worldwide
Governed by trusted bodies
Why is BTEC Higher National Diploma the Right Choice for You?
How do you study and how long does it take?
There are six elements in total and each one should take 60 guided learning hours which is the total time you are likely to spend studying including all your time spent on listening to the lectures, reading the online information, reading the required texts, undertaking the exercises, discussions with other students and completing the assessment. The qualification is taught online, so you can start at any time as you are not restricted by term times. You will receive your log in and password for the Teaching Zone as soon as we have received payment. All you need is Internet access!
The time it takes in practice is up to you, and will vary depending on your commitment and how easy you find it to study. 360 hours is roughly:
Over twelve months – 1 hour per day or 7 hours per week or 30 hours per month
Over six months – 2 hours per day or 14 hours per week or 60 hours per month
A Higher National Diploma is a two years programme awarded by Pearson UK. The HND programme is equivalent to 14 years of education (Associate Degree Programme, ADP) recognised by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. The programme is designed to help the candidates with employment by giving them hands-on skills, focusing on varnishing skills and teaching them practical application of concepts. All modules of the programme are coursework based spread over two years (4 semesters) with specialisation pathways. The HND qualifications are designed to equip the learner with up-to-date sector-related skills so as to make the employment path easier for them by focusing on the skill sets in addition to understanding and knowledge of the content and the subjects. It is a flexible programme that meets the requirements of working individuals as well.
Currently, we are offering HND in Business, Art and Design (Fashion, Textiles), Creative Media Production, Gaming and Computing with specialised pathways. The learner can choose the pathways at the start of their session and can enroll in the designated programme. Each pathway ensures a holistic academic and vocational experience for the learner.
Students who have recently been in education are likely to need:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business, and/or other related Level 3 qualifications OR
- HSSC equivalent (12 Years of Education) (A-Levels / Intermediate PASSand/orAcceptable equivalent qualifications)
- RPL/APL (Recognition of Prior Learning) cases shall be dealt case-to-case basis in accordance with the Pearson policies based on the learner's learning or experience.
A Higher National Diploma is a two years programme awarded by Pearson UK. The HND programme is equivalent to 14 years of education (Associate Degree Programme, ADP) recognised by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Choosing to do the top-up year and ensuring the undergraduate degree requirements are complete, the candidate can get equivalence from the HEC for a 16 years honors degree.
The HND programme is a skill-based qualification designed for working professionals and individuals aspiring to work in the Management, Administrative and other Professional roles. The graduates would be able to apply entrepreneurial techniques to startup their own businesses and ventures.
The HND programme is also significantly more affordable and students are given merit-based scholarships. The approximate fee of HND course is PKR 765,000/- which includes international registration fee. The students are given flexible installment plans during the admission process.
The Higher National Diploma programme comprises 240 credit hours which is equivalent to 2nd year of an undergraduate degree.
A top-up year is the final year of the undergraduate programme. Students have the option to top up HND to the final year of an undergraduate degree programme; BA (Hons) at over 150 universities worldwide of your choice. The students can search for their own choice of universities and/or degree programme via the Pearson BTEC platform called ' Degree Course Finder '
The HN graduates have the option to enroll into the final year (BA Hons Business Administration) of Buckinghamshire New University UK through its distance learning provision.
The programme is being offered Face-to-Face at our main campus. Our Teaching Zone (Virtual Learning Platform) provides an opportunity to the students to track their qualifications by following related academic timelines, learning support and study materials are available online during their entire course. Students also get the access to Plagiarism/Similarity check facility 'Turnitin' and to reference for their written course before final submissions.